Industry Advisory Board
The Industry Advisory Board (IAB) is a partnership between the Foundation for Post-Acute & Long-Term Care Medicine and representatives from divisions of industries with an interest in post-acute & long-term care medicine (PALTC).
The Foundation for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine is a signer of the Council for Medical Specialty Societies Code of Interaction with Companies and develops policies and procedures to guide Society‐Company interactions in line with the Code.
A one-year membership includes the following:
- Being recognized as a member of the Foundation for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Industry Advisory Board on the Foundation website, in the annual report, and at AMDA -The Society for Post-Acute & Long-Term Care Medicine’s (AMDA) Annual Conference (logo and signage available for exhibit display).
- Assignment of a Relationship Team to the IAB member, including the Foundation Executive Director, Foundation Director, and pertinent members of the Foundation Board and Development Committee. Regular interactions will ensue.
- Selection and assignment from AMDA membership of one or more thought leaders with knowledge pertinent to the member’s product or service areas.
- Individual and group meetings including 1) orientation discussion (in person or by phone) between the member company and the Relationship Team; 2) In-depth, focused topic meeting at the Foundation headquarters or at a company site to determine relationship and funding objectives; 3) group meeting of IAB members at AMDA’s annual meeting; 4) semi-annual calls or meetings with one or more members of the Relationship Team.
- Gratis invitation to AMDA’s Annual Conference “meet and greet” events, including the exclusive President’s Reception and the CMD/Futures Welcome Reception.
- Advisory information on AMDA State Chapters’ annual meetings and opportunities for mutually beneficial relationships.
- Complimentary AMDA membership including e-subscriptions to JAMDA, the Society’s scientific peer-reviewed journal; Caring for the Ages, the Society’s monthly magazine covering all things in PALTC; and Weekly Roundup e-newsletter, which highlights policy, Society and industry news.
- Access to AMDA webinars and special education and training forums.
We are grateful to the following 2022 Industry Advisory Board members for their support of the Foundation for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine.
Become a Industry Advisory Board Member
If your organization is interested in becoming a member of the PALTC Foundation Industry Advisory Board.
Contact us at 410-992-3134
“The care of PALTC residents has never been more challenging, while simultaneously offering significant opportunities to “Do well while doing good.” Federal regulations (including the rigorous annual survey), the unique physiology of this vulnerable population and a sometime arcane payment and distribution pattern
for medications can, and has, caused potentially blockbuster products to
fail due to a lack of understanding
of the environment.
The Industry Advisory Board acts as a guide to assist our industry partners to navigate the PALTC system successfully.”
“I have found the IAB to be incredibly engaged in seeking out how to best connect me and my colleagues/company to the right leaders in PALTC. This helps us to effectively build relationships to improve care delivery to the people we serve in PALTC at a local level with AMDA members. “